background

Friday, May 27, 2011

Easter Weekend

Since Easter weekend was over a month ago and I am only just now getting the photos posted, I will try to keep the chat to a minimum and let the photos tell the story.

This year the Asotin County Fair, the Dogwood Festival and Easter all fell on the same weekend. Lewiston and Clarkston were buzzing with activity.
Incidently, this was also the weekend our computer went bezerk, thus the delay in this post.

We kicked off our weekend by attending the fair on Friday night.
We ate a funnel cake, watched the kiddie rodeo and showed Kendry all of the animals.

There were plenty of bunnies,

and baby chicks,
 and a few turkeys.
Kendry was a bit hesitant around these guys, and can you blame him?
The male turkey was bigger than he was.

 Proof that God has a sense of humor:

The fair is never a cheap affair but we love going.


Now on to Easter!

Do you recall a certain adorable bowtie I made for Kendry's Easter ensemble?

 Yeeaaahh, he didn't wear a bowtie.
Its a long story.
Lets just say that the hubs' sentiments toward bowties ranks up there with his sentiments on argyle sweater vests.
(sigh)

So I went back to the drawing board and came up with an alternative.
Justin got his preference for a standard tie and I got my awesome orange fabric.

Before church:



Church was followed by a delicious homemade brunch and Kendry's first Easter egg hunt in the back yard.
Justin may have nixed the bowtie idea, but the too cute newsboy cap was a necessity.


 If only tulips bloomed all year long...
 Jelly bean sugar high!
 At least he has got the sharing thing down.

1 comment:

  1. Such cute pictures! He's so adorable in his Easter outfit!

    ReplyDelete