background

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Lady in Red...Snakeskin

Oh yes, I really did.

You are not seeing double here, folks.

What was once my beloved Red Bag has now become my
Red Bag Luggage Set!!

I had no intention of hitting up any yard sales on this particular spring Saturday morning two weeks ago,
but can I help it if a small yard sale just happened to be on my run route?
And I would have ran right by - honestly, I would have - if I hadn't spotted some beautiful bright red (faux) snakeskin flagging me down.
It was in pristine condition and listed for only $5.
I literally had to bite my lip to keep from squealing with giddiness; after all, I didn't want to be that weirdo. Plus, I had my kiddo with me and although he is only two, I'm pretty sure he is catching on to my quirkiness and its potential to embarrass him time and time again in the future.
Squealing about a gawdy yard sale bag?
Yep, thats quirky.
But thats me.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go, girl! Did I ever tell you what happened to my red bag? Both of the zippers broke in record time and I just couldn't bear to hold onto it in such an inconvenient state. I am so glad the legend lives on ~ and has now acquired a side kick :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha..love it! What a great find! I still have mine too and Jeff always gives me a hard time when I take it anywhere and he has to carry it. Of course then I have to use it as much as possible: -) Love you!

    ReplyDelete