background

Friday, May 13, 2011

Mr. Sandman

After discussing it for over a year, we Justin completed Kendry's very first sandbox just in time for his second birthday.

Is my baby boy really two already? }

Considering the pride Justin takes in our yard there was no way Kendry was going to end up with one of those Little Tikes turtle sandboxes; not that those aren't cute and functional, but that just wasn't what we had in mind.
Go big or go home, right?

So Justin built this 6x6 dark wood beauty and loaded to capacity with washed sand from our local sand and gravel company.

 And the kiddo loves it!


Don't you just want to dive in there with him and start building a castle with elaborate towers, a deep moat and a stick drawbridge? 
 Me too!
I cannot tell you how many wonderful memories I have of my childhood sandbox. Now our kiddo can do the same.

I sure love my Mr. Sandman,
and his adorable kiddo.

3 comments:

  1. I've got memories from a sandbox in my early childhood before we moved. So fun!

    ReplyDelete