background

Friday, April 29, 2011

Technical Difficulties & NIAW

I never realized how much I would miss blogging until I no longer have the proper means to do it. Last Saturday, our dinosaur of a laptop caught some nasty spyware, thus disabling proper Internet Explorer access. Fearing it was actually a virus, we rushed it to the computer guy to confirm if our important stuff had been compromised - you know, stuff like hundreds of photos, two year's worth of videos of the kiddo, our budget spreadsheets in Excel and, of course, iTunes. I was praying constantly Saturday for none of that to be affected, and it wasn't. Praise the Lord! But the lesson has been learned. You gotta back stuff up, people. We're now purchasing an external hard drive for that exact reason. Oh, and be sure you keep your anti-virus and spyware blocker software updated. You're probably saying "duh, Jody" as you read this, but I honestly cannot say when we last updated this software on our system.

Anyway, since my laptop was from 2003 and we were in desperate need of an upgrade anyway, we are taking this opportunity to purchase a new system. Woo hoo! I can't say for certain when we'll be up and running again, or when I'll have access to my enormous bank of photos to share with you, but it should be soon so please be patient with me.

In the meantime, know that I'm working on lots of fun stuff and we've been taking some great photos. We went to the county fair last Friday night, and we took some adorable photos of Kendry on Easter. In just one week we'll be celebrating Kendry's second birthday, which means I've also got one or two crafts in the works. Plus, Justin got Kendry's sandbox finished. Lots going on!

On a more serious note, this week is National Infertility Awareness Week. Please take a moment this week to say a prayer for all the couples struggling with infertility, and perhaps visit the RESOLVE website to learn a little more.

I posted this video during NIAW last year and will probably continue to post it every year. It captures the heart of infertility so perfectly.


I am reminded not just this week but every single day that when struggles like infertility leave us feeling hopeless, we have a Creator who strengthens us.

"That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.
For when I am weak, then I am strong."
~2 Cor. 12:10~

1 comment:

  1. Jody, just watched the video for the first time. It made me cry. I love you.

    ReplyDelete