background

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Pretty Bird

Although I'm not a bird person, I love the idea of using birds for spring decor and I'm seeing it everywhere I look.
 Ballard Designs



 Pier One




Pottery Barn


You know I love to save a buck or two when it comes to my decor.

 I found this little cutie at the $1 store.

I loved the decorative wings but wasn't a big fan of the textured body,
so I sanded her down a bit with some 100 grit sandpaper.

Her original silly putty color just wasn't doing it for me so I coated her with some light blue from my spray paint collection.

She looks a little Tiffany-esque in that shade of blue, don't you think?

Did you notice she is looking in a different direction in these after photos?
I'm just magical like that.


Actually, I finished the blue bird without taking a before photo and was so happy with how she turned out that I went back to the $1 store and picked out another one.
I am going to paint the second one a bright white.

HAPPY SPRING!
 
Are you adding some new touches to your spring decor this year?

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful color blue! Funny....I actually scrolled back up to the first bird to see if the head rotated :-)
    Ahhh, so fun to see all your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Love the makeover on that little guy! Have you seen the video 'put a bird on it'? It's too funny, I love the look of birds right now also though!

    Thanks so much for your comment today. I really am blessed by it! I can totally relate to the OCDness... I just want things to be a certain way, and when my mind is unorganized I feel like a mess. I have too many half done thing right now and I just have to take everything one at a time and ask God to help me along the way. Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete