With Easter only a week away I have been making some final touches to Kendry's handsome little outfit.
To be honest, last year's outfit is going to be hard to beat - both in cuteness and in price:
{2010}
This time I yielded to my husband's pleadings and fought off the urge to purchase yet another precious sweater vest for Kendry.
I can't help it, I have a serious weakness for preppy sweater vests.
Instead I found a spring colored plaid, button-down shirt at Target - a pattern so cute on its own it shouldn't be covered up by a sweater vest anyway.
Khaki pants? Check. (Target)
Shoes? Check. (Ebay)
Belt? Check. (Walmart)
{Eek! I've already surpassed last year's budget!}
But wait, I'm not done! You see, the ensemble just wasn't complete.
It was missing something crucial.
{THE TIE}
Cue the creativity and frugality!
After doing a little blog-hopping, I found some great tutorials for making one myself:
Last night I completed my first prototype:
I'm not sure my prototype is quite the right color for this Easter's outfit, nor for that matter am I certain about the bow tie style itself since Justin now admits that bow ties rank up there with sweater vests in his book. But the blue fabric was just too darn cute to pass up for my first attempt at a tie.
it most assuredly will include a diaper and an adorable tie like this one.





Oh my, you crack me up! I LOVE the tie to pieces....I wonder if I could convince my boys to match him this Easter. Hmmmmmm...
ReplyDeletevery cute! Our boys might be wearing the same shirt- Grant will be wearing a plaid shirt from Target as well!
ReplyDeleteThis year is more for the girls. I made a pillow case dress for Alexis and Brielle will wear Alexis' hawaiin print dress from last year. The boys will be wearing what ever I can find in their closet, no matter how unfashionable it might be. The tie is too cute! You definitely have to save a picture of Kendry in his diaper with the bow tie for his 16th birthday bash.
ReplyDelete= )
Too cute! Can't wait to see him all dressed up!
ReplyDelete