background

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

TOW

1. We went to the levy with Kendry on Sunday afternoon, which was positively beautiful. He enjoyed his first swing and slide.

If Kendry could have taken off into a run he certainly would have. Look at that long stride. Talk about making a mommy proud.


2. My mom arrived late Monday night and we are already having a blast. Love you, Mom! The two of us will be taking a road trip to Kalispell, Montana this coming weekend. Bring on adventure! And by adventure I mean shopping.

3. Kendry got a much needed haircut this week. We buzzed him down to a 2 (layman's terms: pretty short), but I love it. He was starting to look like one of those crazy-haired kids (see before pic below). And there is not a stitch of curl or wave to Kendry's hair, it just sticks straight out. I guess I should just be thankful he doesn't have his father's twin cowlicks. Hmmm...can you see the different lengths of hair sticking every which way?


The last time we attempted a haircut it was not well received. This time we were prepared.

Clippers: CHECK
Bumbo seat to prevent escape: CHECK
Drop cloth for easy clean up of nearly invisible blond hair: CHECK
Super-sticky sucker to keep the kiddo happy: CHECK
Naked crazy-haired kiddo: CHECK
Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..... and TA-DA! An adorable, super-sticky, hair covered result.

So maybe the sucker and the hair made it feel like we tarred and feathered our little boy, but it worked. And thats why you have the bathtub filled with water for an immediate clean-up.
4. What is the deal with crib bumpers? I took it out this last weekend, figuring I was preventing Kendry from using it to climb up and tumble out of his crib. It never occurred to me that the bumper kept my all-over-the-place little sleeper from squeezing his limbs between the slats while he sleeps. Last night I was up at 2am because Kendry managed to get both legs through consecutive slats. I wouldn't be able to sleep in that position either. The bumper goes back in the crib today.
5. Hooray for getting a 9:15am start time for the Big Climb on March 21st! That makes it much easier to do the 6 hour drive home afterwards. I still need donations, so keep 'em coming!
6. Only four more months until the family reunion in Alaska. Guess we'd better get our tickets purchased soon.
7. For all you "Twilight" fans out there, I'm not sure I'll be joining your ranks after all. I got started on the first book and was enjoying it, but it has been gathering dust on my nightstand for the last month. Truth is, right now I would rather scrapbook in my spare time than read.
8. My parents are buying a standard poodle, thus the weekend trip to Kalispell. Not having seen too many standard poodles in my lifetime, I am excited to meet their puppy. I should probably warn Justin that the puppy bug is likely to hit once I see this pup. How does a puppy sound for Kendry's first birthday present?
9. I can't wait to relax in the hot tub at our hotel this weekend. Ahhhh....
10. Kendry is staying home with my mom this week and getting caught up on some Grandma time. Yesterday was their first day by themselves and already the score is Kendry = 1 and Grandma = 0. I gave my mom detailed instructions about naptime and she appeared to follow them to a T, but called me at work a little while later to announce that Kendry had only slept for a half hour and was already awake again. I told her to simply go in and turn on his humidifier for some white noise and assured her he would go back to sleep. Problem solved. Until I returned home and my mom informed me that when she went in to turn on the humidifier Kendry looked up at her and smiled like it was time to get up, so she got him up. This is a woman who raised 9 children, has 20 grandchildren, and has run an in-home daycare for over 20 years. She knows babies. But one little smile from a grandbaby and she is wrapped around his finger. What a pushover.
Then again, how can you resist this precious smile?

No comments:

Post a Comment