It is now nearly eleven p.m. and I am still awake. I will no doubt be suffering the consequences of this tomorrow. But at least I've got two pages to show for my late night. Plus, crafting and sewing are my preferred methods of relaxation - and trust me, a relaxation session was entirely necessary tonight. I've got a bite mark on my arm to prove it.
Page 1: Coming home from the hospital w/ Kendry. We had purchased his take home outfit in a newborn size a few weeks prior, but his 10lb arrival made it clear he wouldn't be sporting any newborn clothes. So while we were still at the hospital my mother-in-law went and exchanged the outfit for the next size bigger.
Page 2: Kendry's first bath. Despite his face in the lower picture he has loved his baths from Day 1.
Page 2: Kendry's first bath. Despite his face in the lower picture he has loved his baths from Day 1.
Next few pages on my to-do list: 1st haircut, 6mth mark, AK trip, and Christmas 2009.
And to clarify my earlier comment, the bite came from my kiddo, and it wasn't really intentional. He was using me to pull himself up to his feet and, in the process, my arm got in the way of his mouth. Apparently biting is part of his concentration process for standing up. Boy, did it hurt. And things just kinda went downhill from there. By the time I got Kendry to bed I was feeling pretty emotionally drained, not to mention bruised. But, God gives us strength for a new day, and tomorrow I start a fresh day of parenting. On that note, I suppose I had better get to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment