background

Friday, March 5, 2010

Leavin' my baby

This day had to come eventually. Tomorrow morning my mother and I will embark on our road trip to Montana to pick up her new puppy, and my boys will be left to fend for themselves until we return on Sunday afternoon. Thats right, folks, my very first overnight away from Kendry.

In envisioning this "first" over the last 10 months I have never experienced any anxiety. Its just one night after all, and Kendry sleeps 10-11 hours a night anyway. So technically, Kendry will be sleeping for about 1/3 the time I am gone. No big deal. Even as I type this, my emotions are leaning more toward my excitement for this girls' weekend with my mom than they are my fear about being away from Kendry.
I'm pretty certain both my mother and my hubby expect me to get a little bit emotional over this experience. Perhaps by this time tomorrow night I will be doing just that. Or, I will be relaxing in the hotel hot tub with my mom, relishing the idea of sleeping in later than 6:30am the following morning. Who knows?
This is a pretty precious face to tear yourself away from, even just for one night.
But he will be in great hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment