background

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. We got our Girl Scout cookies this weekend. Tagalongs, Samoas and Thin Mints, oh my! I let Kendry have his very first Thin Mint on Saturday but he barely ate any of it. Are we sure this kiddo belongs to me?

2. Our multi-talented son is starting to develop his dancing skills. Lets hope he doesn't plan on learning any moves from his parents. As you can see in the video, mine are a bit spastic and are sure to embarrass him for years to come. But for the time being he thinks they are cool enough to mimic.



3. We're planning to make Paula Deen's Baked French Toast Casserole w/ Maple Syrup for Easter brunch (along with 3-4 other accompanying menu items). Dee-lish!

4. It seems I am in trouble with my husband for purchasing a pastel argyle sweater vest for Kendry to wear on Easter Sunday. Its the argyle part he dislikes. Isn't it a rule that argyle can't be dorky until you are at least out of the toddler years? Naturally, I will be posting photos of this controversial outfit for you to weigh in.

5. Voila! Another scrapbook page completed:
6. It was beautiful here again this weekend. Kendry enjoys keeping us company outside as we start spring projects in the yard. He may only be crawling still, but he is certainly the little explorer.
7. I'm putting Kendry's Easter basket together tonight. I didn't buy him any candy - he is, after all, only 10 months old and, let's face it, all of it would be eaten by Mommy and Daddy anyway. Like we need that. But I did find him a few cute Easter goodies.
8. I was pretty bummed when our local Christian book and gift store closed in December, but I just found out that a new, revamped store supplying books, gifts and, wait for it... COFFEE (hooray!) has opened in a new location. I might need to check that out this weekend.
9. Veggie Tales Toddler Songs is such a fun CD. Kendry and I rock out to "This is the Day" and "If You're Happy and You Know It" in the car each morning, although I have yet to get him to clap along with me.
10. Kendry seems to pick up some new talent every time we spend a weekend with Justin's family. In February, after a few days with Miss Ava, it was finally figuring out how to crawl on all fours. Then, when I left Justin and Kendry in Quincy for the Big Climb, I returned to find my son doing this repeatedly:
Cute, but I would rather he had learned how to do his own laundry.




No comments:

Post a Comment