Let’s just say that our date night for July was incredibly messy.Oh, and it included us clocking 700 miles on our car in 48 hours time.It was totally worth it.On Saturday, Justin and I tackled the Warrior Dash together in North Bend, Washington. You may recall that Justin did this race by himself last year, and don’t you know that it killed me to sit by the sidelines instead of competing? By mid-fall of 2011 we were both registered to compete in the race…in the same heat.
Justin wasn’t a fan of my idea to dress in costumes. Its probably just as well because I’m not sure we could have beat this one:
This 3.5 mile race is not just muddy but has several obstacles as well.
It. was. awesome!Here is the last stretch which includes a cargo net, two lines of fire and a serious mud pit lined with barb wire.
While we don’t have our official times yet, we crossed the finish line together.
Justin would like it noted that he had a good lead on me in the beginning, until he ran through a mud pit and lost his shoe.
And speaking of his shoe, can you see what is laced on his shoelace here?
Yep. That’s his wedding ring.
Let's just say he is very lucky that shoe wasn't permanently lost in the mud.
Grown-ups don’t get to play in the mud very often, so we enjoyed it while we could. Justin smashed my face with his muddy hand.
And I left my mark on his shirt:
He got away before I could write “Jody was here.”
Mud, mud, mud.
After the race we enjoyed some food, drink and music.
Direct quote from Justin as he watched the band:
“How cool would it be to be in a cover band when you're older? I mean, what an awesome way to retire! We should buy a guitar now and start learning to play.”
Forget about RVing and golfing when we’re old and gray.
Nope, we’re gonna look like this in 30 years.
The couple that rocks together, stays together.
Maybe that will be the name of our band.


SOOO awesome! Mud runs are the BEST! So fun to get to do it together! Def my kind of date night! Loved the pic's!! :)
ReplyDeleteYou guys are so cool! Glad you had a great time!
ReplyDeleteHow fun!! I totally love getting dirty; my husband on the other hand...not so much. Also, neither of us really enjoy running (though I'm trying to get into it), so I don't foresee any mud runs in our future, so I'll just have to live vicariously through you.
ReplyDelete