background

Monday, July 2, 2012

Howdy, Texas!




Even though our June calendar was already pretty full, when the opportunity presented itself for me to attend my brother's Air Force retirement ceremony in Texas, I took it.





First, a little about my big brother John. He is twelve years older than me, which means that I was only six years old when John graduated high school and headed off to the Air Force Academy in Colorado. Fortunately, when I headed off to college myself I was able to live near and/or visit John and his family once in awhile. I love that John and I are still close despite our age difference.



(Pardon my seriously windblown look.)


I flew out to Texas early Saturday morning and met up with these beauties in Houston, before we caught the short hop to Del Rio.



My grandmother (aka GG), my mother (aka Momma B) and me.


We spent time with my nephews and niece, the oldest of which (barely 14) already towers over me.



I caught up with my sis-in-law.



We attended the formal change of command Monday morning,



followed by John's retirement ceremony in the afternoon.



Up next for my brother and his family?
They have returned to good old Alaska to start their next chapter.

Yep, I'm a little jealous.


It was such a fun weekend!

I was, however, more than ready to return to my boys.

My future pilot:


(t-shirt courtesy of GG)


Congratulations, John! I love you and am so proud of you!



1 comment:

  1. Holy smokes. If there weren't any names attached to these photos, I would assume I was looking at pictures of Justin!! They could be twins!

    ReplyDelete