background

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Ten on Tuesday



{1}
Sorry we've been a little absent on the blog but I have been working on a writing project.

Details on that to come.



{2}
I got the sewing machine out this weekend and completed this banner.



I initially planned for it to be a 'happy birthday' banner we could use for Kendry each year, but then decided I want to keep my options open on the wording. Instead of gluing or painting letters on, I am going to cut out an array of felt letters and attach them with velcro for each occasion:

"Happy Birthday!"

"Congratulations!"

"Happy Columbus Day!"

You get the picture.

And yes, Columbus Day is worth celebrating; it's a paid holiday for yours truly.



{3}
This week's Kendry-ism:

Kendry: "Mom, remember Mo?"

Me: "Nope."

Kendry: "B-I-N-G-O and Bingo was his name, Mo!"

How does he come up with this stuff?



{4}
I am headed to a women's retreat this weekend.
It is sure to be a great time!



{5}
I watched "The Help" on Friday.

Octavia Spencer's Oscar was well-deserved.



{6}
Confession:
Seeing home pregnancy tests on a great sale still makes me a little bitter sometimes.

Its an infertility thing.



{7}
Kendry's handprint/footprint craft for February.


This is the cutest one yet.



{8}
He wanted to wear my 'hat':



{9}
I will not buy/wear colored jeans, I will not buy/wear colored jeans...


{10}
This Week's Blessing:
The resiliency of a toddler.

Kendry fell at open gym this weekend and tweaked something in his leg. He wanted to keep playing but with every few steps he would start limping or collapse and start crying. Not what a momma likes to see. I prayed and then gave him a dose of Children's Advil before naptime; when he woke up he was back to his usual bouncing-off-the-walls self.


1 comment:

  1. The colors you picked for your banner are perfectly cheerful. I love the combinations of color and pattern. You'll have loads of fun with that :) I made a more understated one for my First Friday's booth last summer and need to do something creative with it soon.
    The BINGO song made me laugh out loud. Kendry is a kick in the pants!
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete