background

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The 1st of Many




Last week we attended Kendry's very first Christmas program.

First of all, let me tell you this: our kiddo loves to sing.

I mean, really loooovvvees it.

In the weeks leading up to the program he was singing his Christmas songs at home so we knew he had memorized most of the lyrics and melody.

But as adults we know that lyrics and melody can disappear completely from your mind when you find yourself standing on a stage in front of a crowd of people.

We weren't sure if Kendry would clam up and try to get off the stage as quickly as possible, or if he would thrive in the spotlight.

Here he is with his trainer class (he is the tall one in the middle). They sang with the younger toddler class.



Aside from getting a wee bit distracted by the faux fireplace behind him on the stage, Kendry definitely thrived.

Yes, sir.


And by 'thriving' I mean jumping sky-high during the closing song, completely exposing his little white tummy.

No reservations, that one has. 


(Disclaimer: After 2.5 years I still don't fully understand our camera. I attempted to snap a few photos while also filming the videos; thus two of the three videos have a few "click" moments of pause. Darnit.)


Kendry's class began the official program, strolling into the sanctuary ringing their bells and singing "Jingle Bells".


In case you couldn't hear it, at the end he brags "I'm on the stage!" 

Then he says "Hi guys!" 


The "Mister Sun" song is one of Kendry's favorites.





Finally, all of the kiddos Kendry's age and up sang the final number, "Celebrate! Celebrate! Jesus is Born!"

Can I just say how blessed we are to have Kendry at a Christian daycare?



Could you hear the excited screams coming from our kiddo's mouth at the end? Obviously he was excited.


After the program everyone enjoyed juice and cookies.


Kendry with his bestie:



Nana and Grandpa came to the program too!




I hope we never tire of these Christmas programs.

Seeing Kendry singing, jumping and clapping to songs about our Savior's birth -
my cup runneth over.





Parenting "Aha!" Moment of the Evening:
At the start of the program Justin and I were kinda poking fun (shhh, don't tell) at the grandpa who had his fancy tripod and camera all set up at the back of the audience.

These Christmas programs are serious business, you know.

Then I started recording Kendry's class as they walked in. I don't know if you could tell from the footage but I was laughing so hard at the cuteness of it all I could barely hold the camera still.

Tripod Grandpa gets the last laugh.



3 comments:

  1. What an absolute cutie!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so so sweet! And so much for us to look forward to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great kid. It is beautiful to watch.

    ReplyDelete