background

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Hands and Feet



Sometimes I might upset you
Because I am so small
And always leave my fingerprints
on furniture and walls.

 
But every day I grow a bit
And soon I'll be so tall
That all those little fingerprints
Will be so hard to recall.

 

So here's a special handprint
Just so that you can say
This is how my fingers looked
When I placed them here today.


My baby is growing up too fast.
He doesn't even let me call him "my baby" anymore; he says he is a big boy now.

He still holds my hand when we go on our walks, but with each walk it feels like his hands are getting bigger and bigger.

  How do I stop the clock?



After browsing some fun kiddo handprint/footprint ideas on Pinterest, I had the idea to do one handprint/footprint craft with Kendry for 12 consecutive months.

My goal is to keep and/or photograph each one to include in his baby book.

While I cannot keep him from growing, at least I can document those precious hands and feet as they are right now.


We're only three months into our project and Kendry and I are both having so much fun with it.


October:

These are supposed to be spiders, can you tell?




November:

Our turkeys looked a wee bit creepy this year, like they were turkey zombies leftover from Halloween or something. Try as I might, I couldn't convince Kendry that the turkeys did not need their googly eyes painted.


December:

This month we changed it up and went with a footprint instead.
I saw this manger idea and knew it was perfect.

Theirs:
Pinned Image
source


Ours:
I am in love with this one, even if Kendry did wiggle his toes a bit while making his print. And I put it on canvas so we can pull it out each year with our Christmas decor.


 
Stay tuned for January!

No comments:

Post a Comment