Every Friday morning our local Christian radio station, Positive Life Radio (www.plr.org), plays their “I Believe” segment around 8:15 a.m. And every Friday I make sure Kendry and I are in the car and on our way to daycare and work prior to 8:15 so we can hear it. This has become our Friday morning tradition, if you will; and even though its Friday and I’m already in a good mood, listening to this segment positively makes my day. I usually tell Kendry “Here’s our song, bud!” and then I crank it up for us to rock along together. My kiddo might think I’m a bit eccentric.
The “I Believe” segment works like this: all Friday morning, up until about 8:00 a.m., listeners can call in to the station and leave an “I Believe” statement. Those statements are then compiled to fit in with the song by Wes King. Its awesome! Here, take a quick listen to the song (minus the statements):
The “I Believe” segment works like this: all Friday morning, up until about 8:00 a.m., listeners can call in to the station and leave an “I Believe” statement. Those statements are then compiled to fit in with the song by Wes King. Its awesome! Here, take a quick listen to the song (minus the statements):
These statements range anywhere from "I believe God will give me a great day today" to "I believe God will protect my son while he is stationed in Iraq" to "I believe my daughter, who went home to be with the Lord last week, is now resting in His arms". Can you see why I love this segment? It brings tears to my eyes every single week. What an inspiration to hear other Christians voicing their faith in God - for the simple things in life, and the profound.
I've been meaning to call in my own "I Believe" statement for the last few weeks. Maybe next Friday. What would I say?
I BELIEVE that next Saturday will be a beautiful day to celebrate Kendry's 1st birthday outside.
I BELIEVE that God will bless us with more children in His time.
I BELIEVE that God is already directing the footsteps of my beautiful little boy, even if he isn't walking yet.
I BELIEVE that my husband is my best friend, an incredible father, and a hardworking provider.
I BELIEVE that my sisters are one of God's greatest blessings in my life.
There is something so powerful about voicing these statements aloud.
What would your statement be today?
For those of you outside of the broadcast area, you can also listen to the Positive Life Radio broadcast online. Maybe if you tune in next Friday you'll hear my "I Believe" statement.
HAPPY FRIDAY!
No comments:
Post a Comment