background

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Ten

1. I usually start drafting these "Ten" blogs at the start of my week and finish near the end, but the site likes to post it with the date I first started the post, which I really don't like. For example, last week I did "TOF" (Ten on Friday), but it published with Tuesday's date since thats when I first started drafting. Ten on Friday on Tuesday? Like that makes any sense. I know its silly to even bother worrying about this discrepency, but thats just me. So from here on out I'm simply calling these weekly posts "Ten".

2. I'm wondering if eating sticky-chewy Milk Duds in the week following my wisdom tooth removal was not so wise. (Get it? Wisdom tooth, wise? I crack myself up!) Anyway, I may have given myself dry socket. Not fun.

3. The battle is on! Justin's despised little enemy, the back yard mole, is back this spring and already left some fresh holes in Justin's cherished yard the other morning. Not that we can confirm its actually the same mole from years past, but I like to think it is. Like its a neverending battle for turf between this annoying little creature and my husband. Which one will prevail and be crowned king of the back yard? Only time will tell...
Between you and me, I find the whole thing somewhat comical. Just don't tell Justin. It reminds me of Caddyshack; except, of course, in that case it was a gopher. If you don't know what I'm talking about, get yourself educated in pop culture.


4. If only I had bought stock in Robeez and Pediped a decade ago. My little sprout is now wearing 18-24m clothes, and is quickly outgrowing a size 5 shoe. He has outgrown nearly all of the hand-me-downs from cousin Caden, with the exception of a few 3T items to still grow into. Finding more hand-me-down clothes isn't too difficult, especially with yard sale season upon us, but shoes are a different story. Kendry is still learning to walk, so I am a bit selective about which shoes I even want him wearing. The future sports mom in me gets cold sweats at the possibility of deforming my child's feet with cheap shoes, thus derailing his certain future as a basketball/football/track star. But really, its hard to find previously owned shoes in a 5.5 or 6 that aren't completely worn out; the crawling, walking and falling routine of the early toddler really takes its toll on their shoes. On the flip side, why would we want to buy new when he'll outgrow them by summer's end? I suppose this is what they mean when they say kids are expensive, huh? Too bad the price for IVF doesn't include a lifetime's worth of shoes.


The toesies at 1 month:
The toesies now:

These photos probably don't mean much to you, but I love his cute little feet!

5. With the weather getting warmer my new fave is McDonalds large sweet tea for $1 deal. Then my hubby so kindly pointed out that a single cup of the tea probably has more sugar than a pitcher of Kool-Aid. I reminded him he wants me to fatten up a little anyway, so whats a little extra sugar here and there...and here and there...and here and there. In case you were wondering, Justin was wrong; McDonalds.com says the large sweet tea is only 230 calories.

6. The dogwoods are in bloom here! B-E-A-utiful!

7. This week I completed Kendry's photo birthday banner. It is so darn cute! My next project: his birthday t-shirt. Normally I would post some pics on here for you, but I've decided to keep these projects under wraps until the big day. Sorry!


8. Yikes! I turn 30 three months from today! Why, God, why?!

9. Just for kicks, let's take a look at one year ago, when I was still just a young 28:

WHOA! Who belongs to that belly?! Didn't they warn her about wearing horizontal stripes?


10. Bring on the painting project! I am determined to get a good start on painting my laundry area this weekend. Ahhh, tackling painting while chasing after my 11 month old - now that is multi-tasking at its finest! Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment