background

Monday, April 5, 2010

Ten on Wednesday

1. To mark the start of another baseball season Kendry aptly sported his Seattle Mariners onesie on Monday.


2. Is it a sign that I'm getting old when my beloved Girl Scout cookies are tasting too sweet for me to eat? Seriously, I waited all year for these babies to arrive and now this?! Whats happening to me?!



3. Our spare bedroom is once again a work in progress. Actually, its the closet that I'm working on, which requires that everything currently in the closet be removed and piled on any piece of furniture or open floor space I can find, and then placed back into the closet in a structured order that only my OCD self could concoct. I should have a picture of a wonderfully organized craft closet to show you next week. I'm giddy just thinking about it; how sick is that?



4. A little shout out to my sister Angel, my guru for all things fashion and cosmetic. You will be so proud of me, sis - I just purchased my very first hair straightener this week!


5. Justin has been hard at work getting our lawn started for the year. It is so wonderful to have a big fenced yard where Kendry will be able to run and play to his heart's content.

In order to fully appreciate the work that has gone into our yard you have to see a before and after. When we moved into our house in the fall of 2006, two-thirds of the back yard was just pasture grass and the other third was an overgrown garden. We cleaned up the garden mess, had the whole area leveled, had a sprinkler system installed, and then hydro-seeded. Ta-da!
BEFORE:AFTER:
I anticipate us spending a lot more time back there this summer as we keep up with our little toddler.


6. Hmmm...my Easter decorations storage box appears to have shrunk since I pulled out my decorations a few weeks ago. There is no way all the decorations are fitting back into that one storage box. I wonder how that happened.



7. I got a filling and my fourth and final wisdom tooth pulled this afternoon. Why just one, you ask? Well, I was a poor little young'un, just out of college, when I couldn't wait any longer to get my bottom two wisdom teeth pulled by an oral surgeon. Looking back, I should have just hit up the P's for a small loan and had all four teeth pulled rather than just the two. Let me tell ya, its a much better experience when you get to sleep through the procedure as opposed to watching your dentist brace himself to pull out a tooth from the farthest corner of your mouth with a pair of dental pliers.



8. Does anyone else think it is positively fascinating what you can find at the $1 store? I'm saving so much money shopping there for Kendry's birthday rather than the party store. Alright, so our small town doesn't actually have a party store, but you understand my point.



9. Hooray for a "Friends" marathon in my jammies and in bed at 2:30 in the afternoon on a Wednesday, with no hubby or kiddo in the house! Going to the dentist bites, but spoiling myself during the recovery phase is divine.


10. And as a follow up to last week's 10, do I really need to explain why this Easter outfit is beyond cute?

I didn't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment