2. A tragedy has occurred at Costco, my friends. For all you fellow Diet-Coke-from-the-tap addicts, please know that your next visit to the Costco concession may leave you a bit disoriented and grief-stricken, as I certainly was last night. Where I once enjoyed my heavenly-tasting, bottomless Diet Coke off the tap for just fifty-nine cents has now been infected by Pepsi. I bring this horrific news to your attention so you won't freeze at the concession register, money in hand, with your mouth open in total shock, wondering exactly what alternate universe you have stumbled into. I'm sure the clerks at our Costco are still making fun of my reaction.
5. Repeat after me: Never store cookie dough in your refrigerator to be made into cookies at a later date! Sure, we mean well when we say: "Oh, I'll just save this little bit of dough to make some fresh cookies when my in-laws arrive this weekend." But let's be honest - that dough would be lucky to survive 24 hours in this cookie dough junkie's fridge. So tonight I will be using said dough to bake exactly TWO delicious chocolate chip cookies in anticipation for my in-laws' arrival.
6. Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!
7. We have been blessed to make it through the first 51 weeks of Kendry's life without an incident of illness. Oh sure, he started out with a little jaundice and had a few minor sniffles here and there, along with the occasional teething fever, but otherwise he has been an extremely healthy baby. No ear infections, sinus infections, or flu. No swine flu or pink eye either, even though both hit a few of Kendry's daycare peers. No sir, my tough little man got his immune system from his mommy. Ain't nuthin gonna take our antibodies down! Except for the hand, mouth and foot disease, that is. 'The cattle disease?' you ask. No, this is a human virus that apparently spreads just as easily as a cold, and is treated pretty much the same way, with plenty of fluids to stay hydrated, and Tylenol when needed. So Kendry's 52nd week of life was a little rough as he started out with a fever on Monday (which Mommy thought was just due to teething), followed by the breakout of little ulcers in his mouth, thanks to the virus. After a few days of very little food intake, he now appears to be making a full recovery just in time for his 1st birthday bash. I told you he was one tough cookie.
Wait - did someone say 'cookie'?
8. My "I Believe" statement from last Friday appears to have worked. Earlier this week they were predicting rain for Kendry's birthday; today they are predicting sunshine. Hooray!
9. Happy Birthday to my sis, Stephanie, and my brother-in-law, Jeff! I will be kind and not announce to everyone just how old you are turning this year; but I will point out that you are both older than me.
10. While Justin worked in the yard last Sunday afternoon, in preparation for the birthday BBQ, Kendry and I took advantage of the beautiful weather and headed down to Swallows Nest Park. The playground at this park is designed especially for toddlers, complete with a black, cushioned mat that covers the ground around the play structure, making it level and soft(er) for the still-unsteady toddlers. Being currently fascinated with stairs, Kendry went up and down the stairs at least twenty times before I finally had to show him there was more to the play structure than just stairs.

No comments:
Post a Comment