{1}
Are you ready for some football?!
Our Seahawk fan babies are 4 months old today!
Pardon the binky but our normally smiley Jack was not cooperative this afternoon.
{2}
Note to self:
Next time you lift up your little 'bird of an eater' Cohen in prayer asking God to help him eat better and gain more weight, perhaps consider specifying that it would be preferable for Cohen's sudden growth spurt and hunger fest not to hit at 1:30 a.m.
Justin's comment after a very rough night: "I thought Cohen's cheeks looked a little chubbier this morning."
I'm so very tired, Lord, but I'll take it. Thank you.
{3}
A typical 20 second snippet of a day in the life of Kendry:
"When I grow up I'm going to be a diver."
"You can be a diver too, Mom."
"Have you ever seen a talking fish?"
"When am I going to grow up?"
"Mom, while I'm resting can you pick up all my toys for me?"
Some day I will miss his nonstop chatter.
And no, I did not pick up his toys for him.
{4}
We had a short learning session about the letter "H" this week when Kendry asked me to construct a helicopter out of pipe cleaners.
I've got some mad pipe cleaner crafting skills, don't you think?
ME: "This is a capital 'H' and this is a little 'h'. What sound does 'H' make?"
KENDRY: "Huh, huh." (making the 'H' sound)
ME: "Good. And we're making a 'huh'-helicopter. What letter does 'helicopter' start with?"
KENDRY: "Thpba thpba thpba thpba thpba." (making a helicopter sound)
Yes, some day I will miss this terribly.
{5}
Remember that song from the 90's with all the advice about life?
"...and trust me on the sunscreen."
Its a shame that I didn't.
Remember, that is.
To the Lewiston Roundup Board: we fair-skinned parade spectators sure would appreciate it if you would move the parade back to 10am again next year. The afternoon is just too darn hot.
{6}
When all else fails on a rainy day and
everyone is feeling cooped up crazy, let your kiddo take a midday
shower. Kendry often struggles with playing by himself for more than
five minutes, but throw him in the bath or shower and you're good for at
least thirty.
Desperate times require creative mommies.
{7}
Status update on the addition coming your way tomorrow!
{8}
It may be hitting 90 degrees this week but I still arranged my driveway barrel with some touches of fall yesterday.
Bring on autumn!
{9}
Its almost premiere week!
Is anyone else giddy over the return of Parenthood? I was so worried they were going to nix it.
{10}
This Week's Blessing:
Blue Bloods Season 3 marathon with my beloved.
Later, gaters!
"While I'm resting can you pick up all my toys for me?" Crack me up! I don't think I ever had the nerve to even ASK mom something like that when I was his age...did you? I think you should take him up on the diver idea, though :-)
ReplyDeleteLook at the awareness & twinkle in Jack and Cohen's eyes now!