
The seasons are changing. Can you feel it?
September is upon us and the mornings now hold a slight chill in the air. The pumpkins in our garden are beautifully round and transitioning from green to bright orange. The hubs is spending noticably more time on the computer tending to his Fantasy Football teams...
This week I saw numerous friends post pictures of their kiddos' first day of school and I realized that no matter what month of the year your child celebrates their birthday, September seems to commemorate a child's age in its own way.
Mary. 6 years old. First Day of 1st Grade ~ 2013.
While Kendry is only four and has yet to begin school, I see changes in him as well. Reminders that our little man is growing up so fast. Next September may find him commemorated. Kendry. 5 years old. First Day of Kindergarten - 2014. (We're still undecided if he will start him at 5 or 6.) If we based it on his vocabulary he would already be enrolled. With words like "convenient" and "notice" escaping his lips we may gift him with a dictionary for Christmas.
The twins are transitioning into a new stage as well and are becoming more interactive. They are smiling like crazy and discovering their voices. Jack's first tooth has been spotted just below the surface, and just this week, two weeks shy of four months of age, the boys finally did their Momma a favor and dropped a night feeding. Just don't hold me (or them) to this "change" - we all know it may not stick.
I love this time of year, where the stifling heat tapers off and you find yourself in need of a sweatshirt after sunset. Where the casual "Who needs a schedule?" attitude of summer makes way for the return to regular bedtimes and weekly extra-curricular activities.
I love having a schedule. There, I said it. Judge me if you will.
The last four months have been a "fly by the seat of your pants" stage of my life and I am ready for some structure and predictability - or at least as much as can be expected with a preschooler and four month old twins.
Which brings me to a big change in this season of our lives: I will only be returning to my work part time. I have been given the opportunity to be home with my boys Saturday through Wednesday and will work in the office Thursday and Friday. I finally get to test my skills as a stay at home mom, but I also get to keep my foot in the door as paralegal. I couldn't be more elated.
To be honest, I have missed my job. I have a wonderful employer and great colleagues, and I love what I do. But I also know that our boys won't be little for long. My heart does a little skip each time I consider all the things we can do and the memories we can make as a result of me being home more.
More time for weekday morning trips to the skate park (while all the big boy skaters/bikers are in school).
More time for impromptu afternoon walks to the library and imagination sessions in the sandbox.
More time for silly photo shoots.
More time cuddling with our little monkeys.
And perhaps more time for blogging? We'll see.
I am so blessed to have this opportunity, so blessed to have an understanding employer, and so so so blessed to have a supportive and hardworking husband.
My prayer is that God will help me live each day intentionally during this season of our lives, however short or long it may be, and that I will be the wife, mother and daughter of Christ He has created me to be.
Wishing you a blessed change of season!
I work two days a week and I love it! I get my adult time while still feeling like I am there for my boys when they need me. Can't wait to see all the fun you have while at home. I am sure you will come up with some great pinterest projects as well!
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome, Congrats!
ReplyDelete