background

Monday, February 4, 2013

The Joke is On Me...Literally {20 Weeks}



Thanks to Facebook and Pinterest, we've all seen those cute pregnancy progression shots taken by super creative parents.

I especially love this one:

Pinned Image


Early in this pregnancy Justin gave me a present. When I opened it I wasn't sure whether to laugh or mumble a semi-genuine 'thank you' before wearing it once in his presence (and his presence only) and then secretly giving it to Goodwill.

The gift?



You may have seen these crinkle shirts; if not, I'm pretty sure your nearest drug store carries them. They come in an assortment of colors and travel wonderfully because, try as you might, you can't wrinkle a shirt made merely of fabric dimples. 

Justin's grandmother is a big fan of these crinkle shirts.

She just turned 92.


The oddest funniest feature about these shirts is that they are 'one size fits all'.

Don't believe me?




Are you catching on to my husband's wacky sense of humor yet?

Justin thought it would be funny to document my growing belly in this 'one size fits all' crinkle shirt...in the lovely shade of seafoam green, no less. 

He is lucky I'm such a good sport.


In theory, it should fit me from start to finish, right?


10 weeks:


This is my "Are you kidding me?!" face - lest you think I would actually wear a shirt like this in public.


20 weeks:




Surprisingly, it still fits over the belly, which I'm coming to realize is a good thing in this house.


The other night I slept in an old comfy t-shirt that is quickly becoming too small/short. While brushing my teeth the following morning Kendry spoke up:

"Mooom, your shirt!"

In no time he was at my side, gently pulling my shirt down to cover my exposed midriff. So sweet, right?


A short time later we were all in the kitchen preparing breakfast and I heard it again.

"Mooom!"

This time I swear I heard a hint of exasperation in his voice, as if my three year old were somehow embarrassed by such a blatant act of immodesty coming from his mother.

Call me crazy but I'm pretty sure he rolled his eyes when he said it.

As he once again tugged the hem of my shirt down over the mere two inches of exposed skin he inquired:

"Who keeps doing this to your shirt?"

Justin and I enjoyed a little chuckle as his expense before explaining that our babies are simply making my belly too big for my regular clothes.


Fast forward two days, when I was once again (solely within the confines of my own home) wearing a comfy pre-pregnancy shirt that was slowly inching upward. I turned away from Kendry for a moment and heard him say:

"Mom, I like your tattoo."


Okie dokie.





I went to my bedroom and changed my shirt.


Not that I'm embarrassed by the tattoo on my back; on the contrary, I still love that I had it done. I just don't see a need to encourage my preschooler's intrigue with tattoos at this point.



For the record, these are my official progression photos.


10 weeks:



20 weeks:





2 comments:

  1. Ha! I totally remember those crinkle shirts! That is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, Jody, you've left me grinning from ear to ear. Love the shirt, the pictures of the "blown up" pregnant lady, pictures of Kendry and YOU in the shirt....although I cannot believe you've succeeded in hiding your tattoo from Kendry this long. You're obviously more modest than I was when my boys were young.

    ReplyDelete