background
Saturday, February 23, 2013
A Family Changing Shape
Kendry is nearly four and still doesn't realize his own strength. One of his favorite things to do is sprint toward Justin or myself and literally bowl us over with a hug. Justin can scoop that rocket of energy up into a bear hug. Me? Not so much. My center of balance is a little off kilter these days.
Truth be told, I had to stop lifting my 'baby' several months ago, for obvious reasons. If I had heeded my chiropractor's advice I would have stopped lifting Kendry at his second birthday; but really, how realistic is that for any mom?
These days when Kendry sprints to bowl me over with a hug our first point of contact is his head with my tummy. His little brothers may be familiar with headbutting before they even leave my womb.
Just before the point of impact Kendry (usually) remembers the babies and softens his approach. Lately he enjoys planting a big kiss on my tummy.
Sometimes I wonder if the little boys will recognize Kendry's voice before my own. Kendry does have some advantage with his leverage.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love the pictures!!
ReplyDelete