background

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Ten on Tuesday



{1}
Its Red Velvet Cake time!!


{2}
Hip hip hooray for a free babysitter on Valentine's Day! Justin and I are going out for a V-day dinner for the first time in years.

Our babysitter's name is Cubbies.


{3}
Parenthood does funny stuff to you.

Back in 2008, Justin and I vacationed for a week with my brother and his brood. While riding all together in the rented mini-van, my brother turned on Moose Tunes for his toddler boys' listening pleasure. I distinctly remember Justin and I giving each other funny looks as we listened to a grown man trying to sing like a moose. Later, back in the privacy of our own home, we confided to one another that we would probably go insane playing songs like that over and over for our children.

Fast forward almost five years and here I am, driving my kiddo to daycare while singing:
"There's a chocolate moose...on the loose...dancing all around in a red caboose..."


I do, however, refuse to make myself sound like a moose while singing.

A mom must have some boundaries.



{4}
Our 2012 tax return is the mail. Booyah!

And we are soooo looking forward to our two additional deductions for 2013.



{5}
There is nothing like cleaning a bathroom drain to convince you its time to go with a short hairstyle again.

I am seriously going to hack off a few inches before these babies arrive.



{6}
Kendry loves to talk. He gets it from his momma.

After talking for five minutes straight during breakfast the other day he finally paused, took a deep breath, and commanded: "Okay, Mom, its your turn to talk now."

Between the kiddo and myself I'm not sure how Justin ever gets a word in edgewise.


{7}
I got to spend a few hours scrapping with some girlfriends on Saturday. The race is on to get the highlights of Kendry's first few years into his book. I got two pages done, which was my goal.







{8}
Its funny how things come full circle.

Or maybe not so funny.

I was a nail biter all through my childhood. It was bad enough that my parents even started paying me a monthly stipend if I could show them long nails at the end of each month.

Guess who the nail biter is in our house these days?

It is driving me crazy!

A little shout out to my Mom and Dad: now I understand.


{9}
Here are our little boys at 20 weeks:



Baby A's photo was a little harder to snap because Baby B kept photo-bombing the shot. Baby B is going to be a handful - I can see that already.

Fortunately, his photo-bombing move of pushing his face back onto the screen left us with this cool shot of his facial features:





{10}
This Week's Blessing:
My boys (the ones not presently residing in my womb) getting to feel the babies kicking my belly for the first time on Sunday evening. The look on Kendry's face when he felt it was priceless.




1 comment:

  1. Okay, I just cleaned our bathroom drain last week. Shorter hair is nasty, too. Taxes? Done on Monday. I, too, have sung the Chocolate Moose song ~ with and without kids present:), but you've got me on the twins in womb....and feeling them kick for your boys!! Priceless.

    ReplyDelete