background

Monday, August 27, 2012

GO DADDY GO!



This weekend Justin competed in his first duathlon at Hells Gate State Park.

Race day started out with (what else?)... a flat tire. So we squeezed in a Walmart stop to purchase a new inner tube before heading to the park.



By the way, green goo is wonderful stuff, until you have to remove the inner tube. What a mess!


Daddy's little helper:



Ready to run!



This duathlon was a two mile run, twelve mile bike ride (w/ hills), followed by another two mile run.

There was also the option of entering as a team of two - one runner, one biker. Justin and I are entertaining that idea for the next race.


Here is hubs after completing the bike portion.



Off and running again!



Still smiling:



Finished at last!



Justin finished at just over an hour and a half.

Let me tell you, an hour and a half is more than enough time for a three year old to hurt himself multiple times on rough asphalt.

This is Kendry's "I've got an owie and I'm milkin' it" pose.



We are so proud of you, Justin!







1 comment: