A line has been drawn in the sand.
Where we once ooohed and aaahed at the sight of deer in our neighborhood, pointing them out for Kendry to see, we now fetch the pellet gun.
Too harsh, you say? I think not.
You see, we can take a little deer poop in our lawn.
We can even accept them eating a few flowers and one of my smaller pumpkins off the vine. (Who knew deer like pumpkin?!)
But then they took another run at our trees. This poor tree is noticeably stunted in growth thanks to some deer damage incurred when it was planted a few years ago.
And they destroyed the beautiful corn stalks we obtained for our outdoor fall decor.
And in the process of eating said corn stalks one of them tagged our house with an antler.
Those wires on the house lead to our meter, by the way. How curious I am to know what would have happened if his antler had punctured one of those wires.
On second thought... I don't want to know.
But today they crossed the line from nuisance to taunting.
They are now going out of their way to poop on our patio!
I stand corrected.
A line has actually been drawn
Stupid deer.
You need a dog!
ReplyDelete