background

Thursday, December 6, 2012

We'll Be Home For Christmas



No, not in Alaska, which I still fondly refer to as 'home', but our real home right here in the LC Valley.

This marks the very first year in our marriage that Justin and I will be home for Christmas.

It will be Kendry's first Christmas waking in his own bed. 

Our first Christmas around our very own tree, warmed by a fire in our very own fireplace.




Can you tell how much I am looking forward to this?

So much, in fact, that it seems to have upped my expectations for creating a perfect December for our family.

Gingerbread houses, an evening drive to view the various Christmas light displays, a baking day and the Christmas Eve candlelight service are all on the calendar.

Egg nog and hot cocoa with marshmellows are available to the kiddo on demand this month, no matter the time of day.

We're taking the time to slow down and cherish each moment, remembering the real reason of Christmas.



After all, this isn't any other Christmas; this is our last Christmas as a family of three.







 

3 comments:

  1. Yippee! I've been thinking about you recently. Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been hoping and thinking for you! Congrats! What a sweet way to announce it!

    We'll also be staying home this year for the first time. As for it being the last time as a family of three? That I don't know.

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, I nominated you for a fun little blog award. Stop by when you get a chance and check it out.

    ReplyDelete