background

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Fun Times in the Emerald City



Be advised: this is a photo heavy post.

We spent the last week of September in Seattle, with a few days up in Bellingham visiting some friends. One thing you should know: Justin hates Seattle. Okay, so maybe he doesn't hate the city itself; I think he just hates the traffic, limited parking and then having to pay for parking. I'm with Justin on the paid parking thing - its a bit of a drag to add $10 onto the cost of an activity simply to park your car within walking distance.

But I digress.

We just knew that for this IVF cycle we wanted to stay near our clinic. And stay near we did - we rented an apartment a mere five minutes from our clinic. It was fabulously convenient.

We also knew we wanted to get out and see Seattle a bit, which we did as well.

Our first adventure was the Seattle Aquarium. It was Kendry's and my first visit. We arrived just in time to see the diver feeding the fish.




This octopus was really on the move when I snapped this photo. It was a little creepy.




The tide pools were pretty neat.






This seal was doing laps, coming right at the glass.



We visited Pike's Market after leaving the aquarium, not realizing it was packed with Seahawks and Packers fans for the Monday Night Football that evening. Craziness!


That evening I took Kendry to one of my favorite spots, Alki Beach, while Justin yelled at watched the Seahawks on TV. We met up with my friend Amanda for a walk on the beach and some yummy fish and chips.




Our next adventure was the Children's Museum at Seattle Center, which we conveniently found a groupon for earlier in the week.



This photo of Justin cracks me up.



Kendry was pretending to call his grandpa while driving. I didn't have the heart to tell him this is illegal in Washington.



He was pretending to fall off the ledge. I think he gets his dramatic side from me.



The weather was gorgeous all week!



Mid-week we headed north to Bellingham to visit our friends and their new baby girl.

It was nice enough to BBQ and eat dinner outside.




(It was around this time that we stopped taking so many pictures.)


Toward the end of the week we returned to the Seattle area, this time staying in a hotel so Kendry could do some swimming.




We later met up with Justin's dad to hand over the kiddo for two nights so Justin and I could have some time to ourselves.


My proposal for rounding out a great week in Seattle:  a Saturday morning coffee and pedicure with a bosom friend, an afternoon trip to IKEA (Justin actually agreed to go!), a short nap and dinner with my best man.


Such a great trip!





No comments:

Post a Comment