background

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Ten on Tuesday





{1}
Pinned it and did it!
This is my new teacher tote for Sunday School.




I'm not usually a fan of ombre; it just sorta came together that way as I toyed with my paint.



{2}
While Daddy was busy golfing on Saturday, Kendry and I attended the Lewiston Round-Up Parade.




The parade was halfway over before Kendry understood how to run out and retrieve the thrown candy. He even had the grandmas sitting beside us rootin' for him.



Apparently the LC Valley has its down roller derby team. Who knew?!




Out of an entire two hour parade, the spectacle most ingrained on Kendry's brain was the guy dressed up as a Subway sandwich. He talked about it the rest of the weekend.

Well, that and the candy, of course.



{3}
We really aren't the type of people who buy seasons of shows on DVD - except for Friends, but thats just a given.

I'm not attune to the shenanigans going on between CBS and the makers of Person of Interest, but they sure are making it difficult to purchase/watch episodes online.

With the season premiere airing on September 27th we just couldn't wait any longer.

Movie marathon, anyone?

Person of Interest: Season One



{4}
We will never forget.






{5}
Fertility injections = moody wife

Just ask Justin.



{6}
Our little Cubby:




I'm not gonna lie, I choked up a little when they fitted him for his vest.



{7}
Our neighbors assembled one monster of a swingset this weekend; it has Kendry gazing out the front window in longing.





{8}
This ugly plastic bag has been stuck up in our tree since a windstorm last winter.



And by stuck I mean really stuck. We've had a few good windstorms since its arrival and that little stinker ain't budging. To make matters worse, its become weighted down with a little water - how I don't know since I can't tell you the last time it rained here.

I'm not kidding, its been over a month.

Excuse me a moment while I wet (whet?) my parched troat.

Ahem!

Anyway, the bag is too high to reach with a ladder - not that we're bothered by it enough to become "those crazy neighbors who set up their ladder in the middle of the street".

I am open to any ideas you might have for bringing that thing down. In case you can't tell, it is driving. me. bonkers.

The only reasonable solution I can find is to cut down the tree.

Or resort to something like the giant poking device from Friends, except mine will have gardening shears at the tip.

I wonder what the neighbors will think of me then.



{9}
Speaking of ombre,
check out the grass by our front fence.

Yikes!






{10}
This Week's Blessing:
Musical dinner theater.

Normally we discourage Kendry from singing at the dinner table as it hinders his eating progress. Plus its noisy and not proper table manners. But I didn't even try to stop him Sunday night as he softly serenaded us with "His Banner Over Me is Love" and "God is So Good".

I hope he always loves singing to his parents, and to his Savior, like this.


2 comments:

  1. So many things to comment on today! One, love that you took the time to craft a Sunday School tote :) Two, ahhh, the days before my kids understood about parade candy.....innocence is bliss. Three, I think that swing set in the neighbors yard is just cruel. They really need to have neighborhood parties. Four, Person of Interest. Do tell more! And five, Kendry looks downright adorable in his Cubbies vest. Which just gave me an idea...more to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if you were from Arkansas you would get your shotgun and shoot at the plastic bag until it came down. Other than that, I don't know...

    ReplyDelete