1. WEEE'RREE BAAAAACCKK! We had an absolute blast in Alaska for my family reunion. Seriously, I am blessed with the awesomest, hippest, kindest, funnest family EVER, as evidenced by these photos of my incredible parents:

Come on, you know you are looking at these photos and wishing you could be a Binder too.
2. While weighing our luggage at home before our departure on July 2nd, my hubby broke our wonderful digital bathroom scale. Alaska Airlines' luggage weight limit is 50 lbs; my bag weighed in at 50.4 lbs. No extra charge for this savvy traveler. We have this luggage thing down to a science, people. Anyhow, until such time as we replace said broken bathroom scale, I will continue to believe it when it reports that I lost 5 lbs while in Alaska.
3. Which is more tragic: a grown man wearing a fanny-pack or a grown man toting a fanny-pack like a purse? I witnessed the latter on my way to work - and he was going into an auto-parts store, no less. Perhaps my sister Jaimee, the family fanny-pack expert, can answer this one for us. See, I told you I have the hippest family members. LOVE YOU, JAIM!
4. No week before a vacation would be complete without the "check engine" light going on in my car. And no week after a vacation would be complete without the "check tire pressure" going on in my car. Sheesh!
5. This week's Disney movie trivia:
"Tuesday night's plastic corrosion awareness meeting was, I think, a big success. We'd like to thank Mr. Spell for putting that on for us, thank you Mr. Spell."
Answers? Anyone?
6. During our trip Kendry learned "uh oh", only it still sounds like "uh uh". He woke up around midnight night before last and was somewhat inconsolable (probably due to teething). After a little Tylenol, I had him just about rocked back to sleep when his binky fell out of his mouth. I heard him mutter a sleepy "Uh uh", and then he was wide awake again and we were back to square one. This whole talking thing might be a bit overrated.
7. Even though we just got back home we are going on our first family camping trip this weekend near the Tucannon River. Fun fun!
8. Today Kendry is wearing a John Deere t-shirt that reads: GOT DIRT? Its quite fitting since he is a total dirt magnet these days. He spent quite a bit of time in my parents' sandbox in AK, only coming to find me once he was all lathered up in sand: 
9. My 12 week half-marathon training has begun! Bring on the miles and miles of running!
10. To my parents, grandmother, siblings, siblings-in-law, nieces and nephews: We miss you guys soo much already! Now, when is the next reunion?
Toy Story!! My husband got it. Not me. :(
ReplyDeleteGreat pics.
ReplyDeleteI always love the different accessories you find people using on vacations glad you have had some fanny pack sightings.