With only two months to go until I am forced to accept the fact that I am officially THIRTY YEARS OLD, I am quickly running out of time to check items off my Age 30 Bucket List. Not that I’m arriving at 30 with nothing to show for it. In fact, I’m pretty happy with the big ticket items I have accomplished to date:
1. Earned my Bachelor’s Degree (2003)
2. Got married (2005)
3. Bought a house (2006)
4. Had a baby (2009)
5. Completed a triathlon (2005)
6. Went on a cruise (2003)
7. Got a tattoo (2003)
I realize at the mere age of 30 it seems a bit morbid to start a real bucket list. I certainly don’t intend to "kick the bucket" any time in the near future. And if I am fortunate enough to inherit the longevity from my mother’s side of the family, I should still have a good 60 years left to check off things like traveling to Italy, going sky-diving and/or bungee jumping, ice-skating at Rockefeller Center, and taking a real road trip with my sisters (Fairbanks to Anchorage and vice versa doesn’t count, girls). Can't you just see the Binder sisters in our 70s and 80s driving down Highway 1 in a vintage red convertible, our blue hair blowing in the breeze?
1. Earned my Bachelor’s Degree (2003)
2. Got married (2005)
3. Bought a house (2006)
4. Had a baby (2009)
5. Completed a triathlon (2005)
6. Went on a cruise (2003)
7. Got a tattoo (2003)
I realize at the mere age of 30 it seems a bit morbid to start a real bucket list. I certainly don’t intend to "kick the bucket" any time in the near future. And if I am fortunate enough to inherit the longevity from my mother’s side of the family, I should still have a good 60 years left to check off things like traveling to Italy, going sky-diving and/or bungee jumping, ice-skating at Rockefeller Center, and taking a real road trip with my sisters (Fairbanks to Anchorage and vice versa doesn’t count, girls). Can't you just see the Binder sisters in our 70s and 80s driving down Highway 1 in a vintage red convertible, our blue hair blowing in the breeze?
Being the goal-oriented person that I am, I feel like I should commemorate this milestone birthday by setting some goals for my 30th year (i.e. goals that I intend to achieve by my 31st birthday).
Here is what I have so far:
1. Complete a half marathon (October)
Here is what I have so far:
1. Complete a half marathon (October)
2. Get pregnant with Baby #2
3. Take the boat tour into Hells Canyon (this is a local tourist activity)
4. Take my hubby on a REAL vacation so he finally sees what all the fuss is about (perhaps I should also put this on Justin's Age 30 Bucket List)
5. Finish reading the Twilight saga (I have been halfway through the first book for three months now)
6. Eat an "Idaho Spud" candy bar (just cuz I need a quirky eating goal)
This list is a work in progress. Any suggestions?

My list includes:
ReplyDeleteAttend a masquerade ball
Go to Greece
Own a Vespa
Good luck completing your list!! It might take me a while to finish mine, as a Vespa is truly impractical with kids. :)
Justin can take his first "real" vacation in March when we all head to Mexico...right? I've already been pricing out tickets...I want it to be March NOW :)
ReplyDeleteYou should definitely watch LOST. Stick with it as it gets pretty crazy, but it is still interesting.
ReplyDeleteI was so confused when I saw a comment from The Gimlins on my page... haha- it is not a very common last name :)
And please finish reading the Twilight series. Books 1 and 3 are my favorites by far, although 2 is good... 4 is just a little odd, but definitely worth the read!
Idaho Spuds are not good. Get that one over with quickly!
ReplyDeleteI just turned 30 this year in February. While I usually love goal lists like this, I had to throw mine out since it was too depressing thinking that we hadn't yet achieved our big goal of parenthood. Yet your list reminded me that we have done a lot - marriage, degrees, house, vacations. We're so blessed anyway. Thanks for the great reminder and the sweet comment on my blog. :)
ReplyDelete