background

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween


Kendry's very first Halloween, albeit probably the easiest Halloween for the next ten years of his life since we didn't trick or treat, was quite a success. Crafty person that I am, I just couldn't bring myself to get a store bought costume for Kendry, let alone spend the crazy money I've heard some mothers shell out each year for a costume that will never be used again. No, I was going to be Supermom and make the costume myself. I wanted to make something basic that he could wear like regular clothes and not be uncomfortable in, not to mention easy to clean up since he would no doubt spit up all over it. (Kendry is still a major spitter-upper) Granted, my costume idea wasn't all that original given the popularity of the Pirates of the Caribbean over the last few years, but I'm still quite proud of myself. The best part? I found some parrot fabric and made a little stuffed parrot that velcroes to the shoulder of the costume. Kendry's favorite part? His sword - obviously because he can stick it in his mouth.
We also carved our family pumpkin a few nights before Halloween. Unfortunately, mommy forgot to leave Kendry's binky with him at daycare that day, so he refused to take his morning nap. Thus, we had a very fussy baby who did not have much patience for pumpkin carving, photos, or mommy and daddy getting their kicks by sticking the pumpkin stem on his cute little head.





No comments:

Post a Comment