I haven't much to say this afternoon. All is quiet and peaceful at the moment, and I relish it.
I've been slowly working my way through One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. I find her writing style challenging, but profound. I was awed in chapter 4 as she described a ray of sunlight hitting a bubble:
"In the light, the sheerness of bubble shimmers. Bands of garnet, cobalt, flowing luminous...
I tilt my hand more to the light and the wave frequencies reinforce on bubble's dome and color bands deepen, fire-blue swirling flame into lurid scarlet. A kaleidoscope planet."
I wonder at the last time I stopped to watch a bubble. To see its spectrum ever-changing as it rotates under sunlight.
A beautiful miracle so easily overlooked.
"I only live the full life when I live fully in the moment."
Watching your children playing with bubbles is an even greater miracle, yes?
ReplyDeleteLove it! Great pictures!
ReplyDelete