background

Friday, November 4, 2011

Adventures in Chalk Paint, Chapter 2



To my fam in Alaska that bought me my first two cans of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint for my birthday:
this post is for you.
I love showing you the latest fun I am having with this paint.

My first chalk paint project was a repurposed yard sale frame turned tray for our dining table: 




My second project was this wood caddy, which I found at my local thrift store for $2.



Although you don't need to prime when you use ASCP, I did anyway on this one. I really didn't want those those purple grapevines showing through.


Here she is after spray primer, a coat of ASCP Louis Blue, and some light sanding.



This paint distresses beautifully!



I wound and hot-glued jute around the handle for a little more character.



Unfortunately, I had a little shelving mishap in my basement last month and my can of Louis Blue suffered some major spillage. I managed to salvage a little paint in the can, but the majority was lost.
Booooo.

But instead of crying over spilled paint I think I will go chat with the hubs about my Christmas wish list.


Do I have you inspired yet to go scrounge your local thrift store for something to paint?





Linking Here:


shabby creek cottage
 

1 comment:

  1. Love the texture detail on the handle! Where "jute" get that idea?? Heehee :-)

    Still dying to try some of that paint myself. But I was so overwhelmed during the holidays last year doing home projects I'm doing things different this time. January, here I come!

    ReplyDelete