background

Monday, October 17, 2011

Another Half Marathon

Last weekend I tackled my second half marathon here in Clarkston.
The day started out with some rain, but thankfully the sprinkling ceased prior to the race.

Justin ran the 5k race, which started at the same time.
{A big thanks to our friend Ann who watched Kendry at the start/finish line so Justin and I could both run without a 35 lb todder in a jogging stroller slowing us down.}

Once Justin's race was completed he hopped in the car with Kendry and drove out to the park to snap some photos of me mid-race.




Mile 10 and I still have a sense of humor.

There is, however, no humor to be found in that bump sticking out of my behind;
by this point in the race my glutes obviously had a mind of their own.




Shots from behind are rarely flattering...
 ...unless, of course, the photo shows three of the four runners
I passed between mile 10 and the finish line.
Boo-yah!




BULLETIN:
We interrupt this race to bring you some tear-jerking photos of the kiddo.
(look away now if sobbing kiddos break your heart)


Kendry was so excited to spot me approaching at the park,
and then heartbroken to see me run right by.

 Not to minimalize his heartache, but did you notice the $2.00 off coupon pinned to his jacket?
Kendry wanted a race bib just like Mommy and Daddy so we tore the coupon out of our registration packet and pinned it on.
He loved it!


Fast forward 3 miles and here I am completing the last 100m of the race.


Kendry offered his own encouragement by running the last stretch with me.


Again, shots from the rear are not my forte,
but I got a kick out of the fact that I totally look like one of those goofy speed-walkers in this photo.
I'd like to see you try to run normal after 13 miles!





FINISHED AT LAST!


Followed closely by my favorite pint-sized running partner.


OFFICIAL TIME: 1:51:27
My goal was to beat last year's time, and I did.
I knocked off a whole minute.

Up next:
The Turkey Trot on November 19th,
followed by Rubber Chicken Relay on Thanksgiving Day, a two person relay Justin and I will be running together.


And one more thing:
rockmyrun.com rocks!

4 comments:

  1. You are amazing! I'd never make it. I think I'd pass out before the 1st mile! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog made me laugh!! Those photos of Kendry are just awesome!! Archer gives me that same face if I leave him to go do laundry!! Great job! Wish I had your willpower and stamina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVED seeing all the pictures! Thanks for sharing the fun details, even the shots you claimed were unflattering, because I think you looked amazing. And Kendry is the cutest for being so devastated at your pass-right-on-by. What an inspiration you are----to Justin, too, obviously, since he's taken up running with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go girl! Loved all the shots...except maybe of your little sweet pea crying his eyes out! LOL I bet he was mighty disappointed you didn't stop for him!

    You are inspiring!!!

    ReplyDelete