background

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1.
Happy Summer Soltice!


2.
Sorry we've been absent on here lately.
It feels like we've been walking a fine line between nothing newsy going on and feeling too busy to blog.
Such is life.


3.
Kendry's new favorite book is one of my ultimate faves:
But as much as I enjoy reading it to Kendry - he actually sits through the entire book! - it breaks my heart to hear him refer to "Love You Forever" as "the potty book".
Did they really need to put a picture of a toilet on the cover?
(sigh)


4.
And no, that is not an indication that Kendry is using a potty these days.
But we're getting closer!


5.
It was gorgeous here yesterday (and today)-
perfect rock-n-roll in the car weather, know what I mean? 
So I switched my radio over to the local classic rock station
and found myself actually singing along with 7 songs in a row;
at which point I decided that I am either more cultured than I thought I was when it comes to classic rock,
or with each passing day I am becoming more 'classic' myself.


6.
And with that in mind, you should know that I will NOT be celebrating a 31st birthday this year.
I've grown rather attached to 30 and I think I'll keep her around for awhile longer.


7.
My new toy:

8.
Justin's new toy:


9.
On June 11th we attended the annual Dru Gimlin 3-on-3 tourney in Quincy.
Kendry is already counting the years until he can participate.


10.
Our house is a disaster right now, but its just gonna have to stay that way a little bit longer cuz
WE'RE GOIN' CAMPING!!!

Cue the Veggie Tales s'more song!
"Graham cracker, graham cracker, choc-o-late bar, sitting 'round the campfire under the stars..."

2 comments:

  1. I turn 31 next month. Ugh. I just recently realized how close I am to 40- holy cow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know that Veggie Tales song..How did I miss it?? But Gabriel DID just teach us the SpongeBob campfire song:

    We'll gather 'round the campfire,
    And sing our campfire song.
    Our c-a-m-p-f-i-r-e s-o-n-g song
    And if you don't think that we can sing it
    faster than you're wrong,
    But it'll help if you just sing along!

    ReplyDelete