Yes, you heard me right, I said maternity jeans. They officially made their way into my wardrobe today, and I will admit I am having mixed emotions. I am choosing not to dwell on the fact that I am not even out of the first trimester yet (two more weeks and counting!), and am focusing on the positives of the situation. Who knew they made such comfortable and convenient jeans!? I mean really, jeans with no buttons, snaps or zippers?! What a novel concept!
The woman in me wants to clarify that my pre-pregnancy jeans still fit me, many thanks to the Levi's stretch line, but just about anything touching my stomach right now makes me beyond uncomfortable. So this morning, after yet another night of restless sleep, the idea of dressing myself in anything semi-restricting was enough to make me cry. Thus, I caved and started sorting through the maternity clothes I recently purchased from a friend and found a cute pair of jeans with (gasp!) a full elastic waistline. Now its the end of my work day and I have enjoyed belly comfort all day long.
A beloved sister of mine not too long ago sent me some advice on maternity clothes. I believe her exact words were: "Don't settle for the elastic waist jeans. They make such cuter options for maternity jeans these days." And I'm sure as I progress through the pregnancy I will see these cuter options and decide they definitely outweigh the maternity jeans of decades past. But today I am an elastic waistline queen and proud of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment