background

Friday, June 18, 2010

Ten

1. An early "Happy Father's Day" to the two greatest men in my life: my dad and my husband. We love you!

Me with my wonderful pops and beautiful sister one year ago:

Daddy & Kendry's 1st photo together:


2. Have I mentioned that I love how organized my family is? Next month we are having our first family reunion in years (woot woot!) and I have already received my complete reunion packet: a week-long itinerary of events and meals, our family meal card, the reunion t-shirt order form, and a schedule of the setup/cleanup assignments throughout the week. This all may sound a bit over the top to you, but I come from a family of nine kids, not to mention there will be sixteen grandchildren in attendance (ages 5 months in utero through 12 years). As you can imagine, getting all of us fed or transported to an event location are not small feats. Many thanks to my sisters and sister-in-law for all your planning efforts - you are girls after my own OCD heart!

3. And speaking of family, I'm getting another niece come October! My little sis just found out that she is having another little girl. As I am incredibly close with my sisters, it makes me nearly tear up knowing that my little niece Addysen will get to know the joys of sisterhood too. And do you know what else this means?! I don't have to worry about sending my 8 tubs of baby boy clothes all the way back up to Alaska. HOO -(wait for it)- RAY!

4.

Dear Pre-Pregnancy Belly:

Its been nearly two years since we last saw each other. Your replacement just isn't cutting it for me anymore. Please consider this letter an invitation to return someday soon.

Missing you, Jody


5. I love Athleta! I would purchase my entire summer wardrobe from them, if only I could afford it.


6. I love my hubby for being one of those great dads who stays home from work to tend to our sick kiddo. And I love him even more for dealing with two very yucky, dirty diapers while on sick kiddo duty. (Can you hear me snickering?)

7. Ever the procrastinator, my Father’s Day gift for my pops and Kendry’s gift for his daddy won’t be delivered until next week. Note to self: remember to do better next year.


8. As promised, here are more of the pics I took in my recent photo shoot with Kendry:


Always exploring...




"Anyone got a fishing pole I can borrow?"





Toesies!




Toddling:


I love the angle of this one:



My little farmer:



9. I may have discovered exactly how I was able to find a pair of adorable DKNY skinny jeans for a steal of a price at Ross: the darn things have a runaway zipper!! How embarrassing!


10. And last but not least, my kiddo's official 1 year photo. Getting Kendry to smile for a photo isn't difficult, but capturing his genuine smile, as seen here, doesn't happen too often. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this photo!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, what beautiful photos! And how amazing that your family is that organized for a reunion - that's awesome! I can see how you'd need to be.

    Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog - advice for my work article.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete