...or maybe not.
After such a busy week we were looking forward to spending today at home, just resting up and getting a few things done around the house. I took this opportunity to do a day in the life photo shoot of Kendry to give our long distance readers a taste of our weekend life.
Awake at 7am, Kendry had his bottle and then happily watched the goings on in our little country neighborhood.
Followed by a practice run of crawling on all fours, which we're convinced he learned from his cousin Ava this last week. He is starting to prefer the all fours approach, but when he is running low on patience he darts into his army crawl instead, which, now that I think about it, is starting to look more like a salamander scurrying across the room. Given that I'm not a fan of reptiles, its almost a little creepy.
Then it was a delicious breakfast of Brown Cow yogurt. In my opinion, this yogurt should almost be called a parfait, its that tasty. For those who aren't familiar, this stuff has about an inch of cream just sitting on top when you open it. It is dee-lish! Oh, and its all natural and loaded with a great combo of fats, proteins and carbs, so its a good breakfast for my kiddo. He loves it, so mommy doesn't get to finish up leftovers very often with this meal.
8am = morning play time. Kendry does pretty well entertaining himself, especially with his wooden blocks.
Yes, my child is still in his pajamas at this point. Don't judge. It is, after all, Saturday morning, and he'll be headed for his morning nap by 9:30am anyway. Just know I don't allow him to stay in his pajamas all day long.
Inevitably, as little boys do, Kendry finds some sort of mischief. This one was a toughie. Should I encourage him to pull himself up, a motor skill he is still tentatively mastering, or do I remind him that he isn't supposed to touch the electronics? Ahhh, the dilemmas of parenthood.
And then 9am rolled around and the teething monster took over my child, which is why I have no photos to show for pretty much the rest of the day. Kendry is finally cutting one of his top teeth and he took it out on me this morning. After a short morning nap (if you can even call it that), my patience was wearing thin and I had to get him distracted with something new. I opted for a trip into town to run some errands and returned home just in time for his afternoon nap, which fortunately was more successful this time. When he awoke, he happily joined me for a beautiful jog (it was nearly 60 degrees here today), and then we joined Justin in the yard as he measured and marked out his rose garden.



So the first two hours of the day went wonderfully. It was looking to be a great start to our weekend.
And then 9am rolled around and the teething monster took over my child, which is why I have no photos to show for pretty much the rest of the day. Kendry is finally cutting one of his top teeth and he took it out on me this morning. After a short morning nap (if you can even call it that), my patience was wearing thin and I had to get him distracted with something new. I opted for a trip into town to run some errands and returned home just in time for his afternoon nap, which fortunately was more successful this time. When he awoke, he happily joined me for a beautiful jog (it was nearly 60 degrees here today), and then we joined Justin in the yard as he measured and marked out his rose garden.
But, my day in the life theme wasn't a total loss. I snapped a few shots of Kendry outside in the yard, the last one being my fave.
Its amazing how in the span of a few hours this kiddo can go from being a total bear to a little angel. And I love him to pieces as both.
No comments:
Post a Comment